Day 16 - Positives, Negatives, & Almost Rants


Yesterday was mostly a day of to-do's, as I outlined in the previous post. Pick-ups/drop-offs, getting tires, workout. Got all that done, because, well, I HAD to, right?

I'm in the middle of a full-on cold - which is rare for me. I hardly ever get sick. So, stuffy head, runny nose, sore throat, a little achy. Wah. Poor little me.

Stuck on my diet yesterday for the first time in ages - no sugar, low, low carbs. After getting as high as 226.8 Sunday night, I'm back down to 218.2 after today's workout. Still, I've been hanging between 215 and 225 for almost a year, after getting to 200 last September. I have 30 days til my birthday, and no holiday obstacles between now and then. Just have to focus on eating the right foods and working out. And not having popcorn at the movies.

The biggest win yesterday was writing a post in my Speak & Deliver blog - which has laid dormant since last August. I started it in 2009, and it reaches a fair amount of readers - even in its dormant state. But the last couple years I've done just a handful of posts - and I think it's affected both my business and my morale. While the new post, and maybe 30% of posts overall, are about Toastmasters - the rest is focused on real-world speaking, the speaking business, and various speaking-related book reviews. Now the challenge is to stay consistent, and write one or two posts a week - building up my audience again. It's also going to have much of the source material of the book I've been declaring I'm going to write for about the last 8 years.

The job front has stalled a bit - but I admit I'm dragging my feet a bit. All my eggs in one basket, so to speak. In the back of my mind, I still believe speaking and coaching is viable if I just push forward with enthusiasm. But that is tempered by the reality around me. Frankly, just writing that pisses me off. I better sign off before I go into a full-on rant about what I really think I should be doing, and just do it - reporting on it AFTER its done.

Besides, it's almost time to pick up the kids...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 5 - 10 - Shifting Winds

Days 60-62 Tracking Well

Day 11-12 Transitioning