Days 17 - 20 - Rebounding

I've spent the last few days being just plain sick. Went to the doc Friday, they told me I should be better by Monday - viral, not strep. Today I'm still tired, still stiff, and have now missed three days at the gym. Still have a bit of a sore throat, but this evening seem to be improving. Hope I don't jinx that by typing it.

Haven't done much of anything other than the must-do's of life. Tonight I went to Alien: Covenant with Kristi, and 2 of our teen kids. I give it a B-, which is still better than I expected.

Hopefully I'll be rebounding physically tomorrow, and focus on some of the big rocks of the week - finishing the resume, working on the website, applying for some jobs.

On a semi-related note - the 2017 District 26 International Contest is taking place at this very moment. This is the first time in years I haven't been competing, and I have to say, it's a weird feeling. I'm sure the contest is going well, and I will support whoever comes out of the contest as the final winner to represent us in Vancouver. I won't lie and say it doesn't bother me more than a little bit that I didn't do enough to get back to that stage this year, and that I may never have the opportunity to compete again. At the same time, I know who's truly in control of that scenario.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 5 - 10 - Shifting Winds

Days 60-62 Tracking Well

Day 11-12 Transitioning