Days 60-62 Tracking Well

If you follow me on social media, you've probably already heard I was selected for TEDx Colorado Springs. I am, of course, over the moon about this development, and look forward to keeping you abreast of my progress through their coaching and rehearsal process. The big event is Nov. 4th, 2017. I count this as the biggest success, career-wise, for me during this 117 found days period.

As of this morning, post-workout, I am at 216.2 lbs. Down all of one pound since June 1. I've been tracking my eating and my workouts closely in May and June (I've been tracking my eating for years), and the results are telling. I stayed totally true to my diet (low carb, no sugar) only 7 days each month. less than 25% of the time. I worked out 13 times in June, and 18 times in June, so basically once every 2 days. When I'm off the diet, most of the time, about 3 out of 4 days, I'm WAY off the diet (popcorn, Junior Mints, Ben & Jerry's, Twizzlers, chinese food, etc.).

In that time I've had my birthday, my mom's been in town, and Kristi and I went on a staycation. I was only unable to workout because of pain 2-3 days. In those two months, I'm down a total of 5 lbs.

Clearly, there is room for improvement.

With TEDx now clearly in my future, I have a definitive deadline for certain goals.
The TEDx in and of itself is not going to help me if I don't have myself primed and ready to leverage it.

1. I want to be 175 when I'm on that stage (or lower). that's 41 lbs, or 10.25 lbs per month. Reasonable by any stretch of the imagination.

2. Website has to be up - can't have people going to an outdated site.

3. Win Anyway book needs to be written, since that's the topic of the TEDx.

4. S&D blog needs to be reinvigorated.

5. Win Anyway blog needs to be restarted, as part of website.

6. Newsletter needs to restart.

7. Podcast needs to restart.

That's a lot. Which means I better get moving.

Comments

  1. Nothing like a little external influence/pressure to kickstart the process, eh? That's what pushed me to finally get my speaking website finalized and up. It's not what I envisioned it to be, but as Darren says about progress trumps perfect, I had to get something up besides an under construction image or worse, nothing. Eagerly looking forward to updates, sir!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 5 - 10 - Shifting Winds

Day 11-12 Transitioning